Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Harper





Just got back into Monrovia from Harper, and it was a good trip. I was able to gather enough information to write 3 success stories. Harper is absolutely beautiful, yet building lie in rubble, the once proud home of former President Tubman. Its amazing to me that little has been done to rebuild. Some of the buildings are frames of once beautiful houses. The helicopter is a Russian made chopper and flown by Ukranian or Russian Pilots. The flight was hot, but only two hours long. Had we driven, it would have taken us 22 hours over two days. 12 hours the first and 10 the second, Ill take the helicopter any day!

here are a few pictures from our trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are gaining a great wealth of knowledge and experience!

Bernadette said...

I used to live in Harper, probably in one of the 'beautiful houses', one of a pair or houses right across the road from the beach and a few minutes' walk from Russworm Island past the Tubman house. My sister was born in Dr. Cooper's clinic in the middle of town.

I'm glad in a way that I can't see it as it is now but I'm still slightly envious of you.